We all suffer from headaches from time to time. Their often debilitating effects can cause us to miss out on family, fun, and even work. The three most common types of headaches - migraine, cluster and tension - may be caused by many different factors. Dr. Nill has a variety of therapeutic treatments available to help relieve the pain you are experiencing so you can get back to enjoying life. While an individual examination will determine the cause of your headache or migraine pain, below are some of the most common causes of headaches.
5 Common Headache and Migraine Causes
1. Stress: If you get stressed at work, school or home you often end up tensing your muscles, in your upper back and neck. Tension in the upper back and neck can cause headaches.
2. Strain: Overexerting yourself at work, at home, or at the gym can damage soft tissues around the neck and spinal column.
3. Injury Accident: Your headaches may be the result of whiplash related to a work or car injury. Sometimes these symptoms don't show up until weeks, or even months after the initial incident.
4. Triggers: Some people have certain elements which can trigger headaches. These triggers may include alcohol, chocolate, allergies, cigarettes, perfumes, and certain medications.
5. Posture and spinal misalignment: If your neck and spinal column are out of alignment they may be putting pressure on sensitive nerve endings which could be the cause of your pain. Sometimes this occurs from standing or sitting too long, or sleeping in the wrong position.
Treatment for Fort Wayne Headache Pain
When you come to our Fort Wayne chiropractor looking for relief from your headaches, Dr. Nill first performs a thorough examination to determine the cause of your pain. Based on his diagnosis, he may use hands-on spinal manipulation, massage therapy, trigger point therapy, myofascial release, and physiotherapy to loosen the muscles in your neck and relieve tension. We may also recommend a combination of different therapies, depending on the cause of your pain. At Nill Family Chiropractic "We don't just treat the pain, we treat the cause."
Do you suffer from headaches? Have you identified the triggers?